The Hillport Gallery was originally established by Mr. Doug Amidon, a professional woodcarver of 50 years in 2015. The house was built in 1911, for the Cape Cod Canal Chief Engineer William Barclay Parsons. It is a Gustav Stickley designed house. The inscription "Hillport" is cut into the stone above the fireplace mantel in the Arts and Crafts custom of naming a house. The gallery engineering itself is a spectacular work of art. With Off The Grid finding its new home here, the owners kept with tradition and currently maintain a locally curated art gallery adorned with a variety of art mediums.